Friday, July 21, 2017

Urban Organic Food Garden Success

Organic urban food garden produces lots of food
A Small Yard
Produces Lots of Organic Goodness
We moved into our new house 3 years ago, and while I got going in my new workshop producing wind chimes for the world, my wife got going on what at that time was a barren, scorched earth landscape.

My only stipulation was that I would not be cutting any grass. We moved from acreage where there was A LOT of grass, and I felt strongly I never wanted to walk back and forth with a lawn mower again. She agreed, and the result is what you see pictured above: food.

She did invest many, many hours, but that turned out to be something she really enjoys; pulling weeds, planting seeds, and, of course, harvesting. This little yard produces so much, we had to buy a freezer.

As I hear the noisy lawn mowers firing up to the left, the right, I laugh. Those characters are going to spend an hour walking back and forth, then maybe climb in their car and go to the grocery store to buy expensive, pesticide coated, produce for their supper.

I suggest, if you have a yard, or even just a patio, that you grow your own.

If you live on the Sunshine Coast, BC, or visit, you are welcome to come by. My studio is open pretty much everyday, and I'm happy to show off both the garden and my outdoor art for the home and garden. See my work and get directions on my visitors page of my website: Coast Chimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment