Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Hiking, Roberts Creek, Sunshine Coast, BC

Hiking Sunshine Coast British Columbia
One of My Favourite Spots
Just Above Roberts Creek, BC
Sunshine Coast

From Powell River to Port Melon, the Sunshine Coast is without doubt rich in awesome hiking options.

Before moving close to Gibsons, we lived in upper Roberts Creek, and that is where I first discovered the almost countless trails this area boast. Every once in a while, I enjoy returning to this part of the coast, to revisit those trails. Just yesterday, I took a friend through one of these routes. A beautiful blue sky day, and early enough so we did not wilt from heat. Perfect!

The picture above is one of my very favourite spots on the coast. It's such a peaceful spot. But it is also typical of many of the trails on the Sunshine Coast.

One thing: because there are so many trails, it is pretty easy to get turned around and loose your way. I recommend the free app, Maps.me, available at the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Amazon Apps. Unlike Google Maps or Apple Maps, Maps.me actually has a lot of hiking trails on the maps. If I did not know the area well, I would not go to a place like where I took this picture without it, and even though I know the area well, I still reference the maps from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment