Wednesday, June 16, 2010

West Coast Artist Carol La Fave: I like!


Cliff Gilker Park, Carol La Fave, 48 X 36 inches

Along with abundant natural beauty, one thing the Sunshine Coast has is gifted artists. Recently, the paintings of Carol La Fave really caught my eye.

I first saw Carol's paintings several months ago, and I believe my jaw literally dropped. When I saw the price labels, it dropped some more. After expressing my absolute awe over her paintings, I told Carol that her prices were way too low. You should head over to Carol's website and check out her work before she heeds my advice!

Carol's work captures not just the beauty of British Columbia's West Coast, but somehow goes far beyond that, to the spirit. There is information about Carol on her website, but, really, her paintings say it all.

Whiskey Slough, Carol La Fave, 24 X 20 inches

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:18 PM

    I agree!! I love her work and have managed to secure a painting for my collection!! She is definitely a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is! If I had a few extra bucks, I know what would be hanging on my wall tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete