Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Wind Chime Sale

Click on the picture to see it larger
wind chime beach glass inspired with copper chimes
On Sale
With Five Copper Chimes and a Beach Stone Clapper
Reg. $177.50, now on sale for $135 incl. postage to the USA or Canada

Late October and November are the slowest times of the year for me, which is kind of a good thing as it allows plenty of time to get ready for the Christmas rush, to make a lot of stock. But it is also kind of a bad thing, as for some odd reason the bills keep coming in. In fact, since I make so many things during this relatively quiet period, the bills come in faster and larger than usual, since materials cost a lot of money.

From the eco-friendly excellent tung nut oil finish I use ($38 a quart), to the copper for the chimes, it all adds up. Then there are the tools. My sort of work does not just involve investing in a lot of expensive tools like a table saw, but constantly repairing and replacing those tools. For example, just last week my soldering iron burnt out, and my air compressor fried. The air compressor took along a hundred dollar extension cord as a special bonus.

In anticipation of some particularly eye-popping bills soon to arrive, I have decided to run a few sales. I have a number of beautiful works over at the excellent arts and crafts site Etsy (eleven beautiful works on sale). And I also have a few items on my website, including the stunning kaleidoscope wind chime pictured above.

No comments:

Post a Comment