Thursday, October 04, 2007

Prices to Increase!

I just love smooth, rounded, natural Pacific beach stones~ so I use them as often as I can. This is a triple stone wind chime, with heavy copper chimes. There is also a beach stone clapper that produces a sweet sound against the copper. Heavy copper goes right through each stone, so very strong! This is an ideal wind chime for all season, all weather use. To learn more, or to buy it, click here.

Woke up and faced reality this morning. Sad. With about a 37% drop in the value of the US dollar next to the Canadian dollar, and with a 300% increase in copper prices (not to mention all those other increasing expenses), I realized that regretfully I have to raise my prices.

I already get too many emails from nice people wishing they could afford my work. So this is unpleasant. But I need to feed the dog, and the family, and that means raising prices.

I just wrote to those on my mailing list letting them know this, and giving them about a week's notice. Maybe some want to do some early holiday shopping, before the big increase. I guess I will have to raise most prices about 20%~ split the difference.

The drop in the dollar also means that I need to increase my shipping. I am currently loosing about 5-10 dollars way to often. Wish I did not have to do this, but it is reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment