Monday, March 06, 2006

Quality Tools Help

To make something like this natural beach stone wind chime, quality tools help. You can dream up ideas, but if you don't have the tools they will remain dreams. To learn more about this wind chime, or to buy it, CLICK here.

A poor quality tool is a pain, a time waster, and sometimes dangerous. A fine tool is a pleasure. I've had plenty of both, so know something about this.

Several years ago I decided it was time to get a table saw. I thought an economy model would be okay, believing I would not be using it all that much. My friend down the road, a master woodworker, set me straight. He stated firmly that I would be wasting my money. Sure, the economy model was cheap, but it was also small and underpowered, and there would be all sorts of frustration. Following his advice, I somewhat reluctantly shelled out the high price for a high-end model. Well, my friend was right. It turns out that my work evolved. If I had bought the cheap little saw, I would be kicking myself hard. Instead, I am enjoying every minute of using the quality machine, and I use it almost daily.

So when it came time to get a large drill, I didn't even glance at the cheap ones. Right move. A friend bought a cheap one for similar projects, and it sits useless on a bottom shelf. It's a toy. Mine flies. Quality tools are expensive, but it hurts even more to spend hard earned dollars on something that turns out to be junk.

A powerful drill capable of cutting through stone. Click on images to increase size.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:32 AM

    I found your site on blogexplosion today and I must say your work is beautiful. I'm going to go check out your store today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to write~ very much appreciated. And even more for visiting my web store. There are over 70 works there for sale, so enjoy! Tim.

    ReplyDelete