Friday, February 21, 2014

Beach Stone Wind Chimes

Natural Pacific beach stone wind chime, handcrafted, Coast Chimes
Natural Pacific Beach Stone Wind Chime
Available at Coast Chimes

I love using natural materials. Beach stones are high up on my list of favourites. Fortunately, there are a lot of beach stones here on the Sunshine Coast. Oddly, though, it takes time to find suitable ones. I am fussy when it comes to my stones! Not just any old beach stone will do; they need to be the right size, the right shape, the right colour... and so on.

The only really bad thing about working with beach stones is that they are exceptionally hard on my diamond bits (for cutting the holes in them). A diamond bit might easily last for many hundreds of cuts through my glass. But sometimes it takes several bits just for one chime, such as the one pictured above. On a brighter note, shipping is great. For once, I do not have to worry about glass breaking in the mail.

Also something nice-- they are popular. It makes it all the more enjoyable putting these together when they get such a positive reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment