Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Thanks for Your Help

I call these small suncatchers with built-in hooks 'accents.' Beach glass inspired artist-made glass with copper and a built-in hook. Great out in the yard all year long, or in the home or office-- beautiful little accent pieces. As a bonus, they make wonderful Christmas ornaments!

For more information on these, or to buy them, Click here.

Thank you to all who commented on my efforts with the chime sound file (last post)~ I deeply appreciate your help. It seems that the file sounds fine, but the volume is way too low, and speakers need to be turned up. Not good.

I spent yesterday morning at a friend's who has a microphone. Unfortunately his setup has to feed through an amplifier, and the file always came up with a annoying background hum. Also, converting the file to Quicktime reduced the sound level, once again, too low. So more work to be done. My friend plans to get a USB microphone soon, so maybe then I will finally be able to put together a decent sample. I never thought it would be so difficult to capture a little snippet of sound.

Anyway, thanks very much again for all your help.

2 comments:

  1. Every time I try something new with a computer it always seems to turn out to be more difficult than I thought it would be, so I can certainly sympathize. You have a great idea, though, so don't give up. It will be quite a sales edge when you get it right.

    Have you considered any other sound files, such as MP3? Not that I have a clue how to manage that, but I thought I'd brainstorm a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary,
    Thanks so much for your sympathy and encouragement. That's for sure that there is no shortage of things to learn~ at least it is fun and interesting.

    Yes, I am lookin at some other file formats-- but I did think it was nice to have a movie format with picture and sound. I suspect that when my friend gets his direct connect microphone, things will work out. Thanks again! Tim

    ReplyDelete