Thursday, June 22, 2006

Broken ~ Yipes!









I use my table saw almost everyday. Yesterday, it broke. How did I ever live without it, and how am I going to survive for the two weeks it will take to have it repaired?

About 3/4 of the way through building six deluxe bird feeders, the bearings went. Not good. Especially for a relatively high-end saw that is only a couple of years old. And while I use it almost everyday, most often just for a few minutes~ maybe half an hour on average. So I am surprised and disappointed that the bearings already went. If it is just the back ones, they will replace them. If it is the front and back, it will mean a new engine. The worse is that I had to ship it off to Vancouver, and it will likely be two weeks before I get it back.

The good news is that I will be forced to get on with glass-making (something I have been putting off) and carving beach stones. It's okay. I have a ton of work to do that does not involve the saw. But I will deeply miss it.

To see all the neat things I make (with and without my saw), just click on the gallery links to the right. Worth looking!

3 comments:

  1. How are you holding up with your table saw withdrawal??

    Voting for you on BLOG VILLAGE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that your saw is broken. I love your work.

    God Bless,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dirty Butter and Cindy. Thanks for the comments, concern, and question.

    The news is not good. The repair center in Vancouver is backlogged, so it is going to be another week, at least.

    Well, I am working full speed ahead on next year's firewood~ something I have put off for far too long. So I guess it is a good thing. Still~ I miss it!

    ReplyDelete